Greg

The common problem with Windows 7 and printer drivers is usually the
opposite - ie, spooler service stopped. In my experience it's due to a wrong
printer driver (eg, 32-bit installed instead of 64-bit).

But this may be helpful -

So if uninstalling the print and document services in programs and
features\Turn windows features on-off applet

and rebooting and then adding the feature back in does not work.

There may be a dependancy in the Spooler registry setting that is pointing
at a printer driver or service that is not available.

look at the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler registry key.
Looking for "Dependant on service" reg_Value

My Win7 uses RPCSS and http by default. Look for your drivers service name
there if so, Remove it and leave only the default.

Review

1. removing and then adding the print and document services feature in
affect reinstalls the spooler components and reg values.

2. verifying the spooler service is not dependant on a non existant or
broken applications service entry

and return the spooler registry values to default.

- left verbatim as answered.

(I had seen reference to this sort of thing before, but had to search and
read a few answers to refresh my recollection).

As I read it, the registry entry he's talking about causes a restart of the
spooler, via the service that the printer-specific service uses.

This would point to comparing your problem machine with another that is
hooked to the same network printer, comparing the registry settings.

Worth a try?

  _____

Ian Thomas
Victoria Park, Western Australia