>The challenge:  To boot the oldest os on contemporary hardware.  :)

It's too easy to cheat with VMs these days. I got Win95B OSR2 running overnight
in a VMWare Player. I had to download a DOS 6.22 book disk IMG file, mount that
in the VM to get a mock CD drive, run setup from the 1998 vintage CD and get
Win95 installed. Then try to remember how to get networking going, which took
an hour of stuffing around and only succeeded thanks to advice on the VMWare
site about which fake adapter to install, then I had to configure TCP/IP
gateway etc. Networking is going, but Internet Explorer 3.0 is hopeless with
modern web sites and can only display the simplest html pages.

Win95 sure does boot fast though!