We have the same issue, it is because the .Net worker process is being
recycled, then the first call to the report needs to spin up the process
and the Reporting Services libraries into memory.

To make the user experience better, I created a small executable that calls
a report via HTTP and set the exe to be run twice a day using Task
Scheduler. That way the users never have to wait for the spin up time.
(Actually the same exe also calls a number of other web applications too to
wake them up each morning before the users all get in to work).

Of cource, there may be a better way.....