Jano,
Initially i thought you mean the trailing whitespace at the *end* of the file, and thought that was seriously OCD (which is a feature in my books!)

however re-reading I now know what you mean and YES it bothers me all the time... in fact, can you please send me your macro?

Is the main annoyance that when you press the 'End' key the cursor doesnt go the end of the text, rather than the end of the line? If yes, is there a shortcut key that goes to the last character on the line? (in VS, not vi please) :)

Wal