i've used this in the past with mvc, may be of use
http://jqueryui.com/demos/dialog/#modal-form

On 17/07/2012 7:59 AM, Williams, Thomas wrote:

Hi Greg -- I'd say it would be worth the overhead to include jQuery and a pop-up/modal like http://swip.codylindley.com/DOMWindowDemo.html

Can pop-up using an IFRAME to contain another page, or a DIV on the current page, or via AJAX.

However it's a client solution, nothing to do with ASP.NET server-side code.

Thomas

*From:*ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] *On Behalf Of *Greg Keogh
*Sent:* Tuesday, 17 July 2012 9:55 AM
*To:* 'ozDotNet'
*Subject:* ASP.NET modal dialog effect

Folks, we have a traditional ASP.NET page with a need for a popup "product picker". We need that mock modal dialog effect you get (for example) in Gmail where you do things like Export Contacts, create New Group, etc. Gmail even has a nice effect where the background disables and the popup has a drop shadow and a close X button to simulate a real model window in a web page.

What is the quickest and least painful way of getting this modal dialog effect in an ASP.NET page?

My previous experience with Javascript and ASP.NET combined has been a nightmare of quirks and failure trying to manage the lifetime and interaction of the two. So I'm hoping there are some kits or tools to help me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated so I can knock-up a demo asap.

Thanks

Greg

Peninsula Health - Metropolitan Health Service of the Year 2007 & 2009