I am trawling the net for solutions but haven't  come up with one yet, so
hopefully someone out there can assist.

I have a report that is composed of two tablix controls  one above another.

Tablix A has an unique set data
Tablix B has an unique set data .

If tablix A or B has no data the control should hide itself and collapse
its presence ie zero height.

The problem is that if Tablix A has no data it uses up its allocated
height, however, if we swap the scenario and have no data in Tablix B no
height is taken, because of the report property
'ConsumeContainerWhiteSpace'.

Next I thought I could embed the tablix controls within a host tablix, then
set the rowVisibility property based on the tablix A or B Hidden property
or its underlying dataset's row count. Much cussing and infuriation - the
child tablix controls cannot have independent data sources.

Where to next ? toss the whole lot in the bin and go back to ComponentOne ?
 Surely this can't be that difficult !

Stuart Kinnear
Mobile: 040 704 5686.   Office: 03 9589 6502

SK Pro-Active! Pty Ltd
acn. 81 072 778 262
PO Box 6117 Cromer, Vic 3193. Australia

Business software developers.
SQL Server, Visual Basic, C# , Asp.Net, Microsoft Office.