VS2010 pro runs fine under W8, side by side with VS2012 express at least

Sent from my Windows Phone
------------------------------
From: Greg Keogh
Sent: 29/12/2012 1:33 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: Image Exif updating

Katherine, Ben,

I've never run an upgrade, I always fresh install. That's why an Xmas
"upgrade" takes so many days of sweat and swearing.

I'm pretty confident that all of the apps, kits and tools that I use will
run fine under Win8 (they seem okay in VMPlayer), except for the damned
nuisance of vdproj files not being supported under VS2012. I was going okay
with using WiX as a replacement, but I got stuck on two things: (1) IIS
setup (2) Custom dialogs. It will take many more hours of study and
experiments to overcome these issues.

Ian, I found lots of libraries for reading EXIF data but none for updating.
I can't remember being involved in a thread on this topic before. The code
I found that may do what I want using encoders is just too much bother for
my modest needs. I guess it's just another case of something that seems
superficially simple, really isn't.