I'm half way through an ASP MVC4 project at the moment which renders
HTML5. It's going really well so far.
Instead of coming up with my own HTML5 design, I've decided to use
Foundation3's, which has some really nice features in automatically
adapting for mobile devices and tablets.

Similarly to the Twitter bootstrap mentioned before, there's a NuGet
Package to install all of Foundation3 pre-requisites into an MVC4
project: http://www.nuget.org/packages/Foundation3_MVC4
It includes a Master Page and a sample page. The only thing I've done
myself is replaced the default MVC "View" scaffolding templates with
my own based on Foundation3. But replacing these templates is
something I'd normally do anyway.