Greg,

Looks ok to me. In step 2 I would change to LastDownloadTime and
LastUploadTime so you can run the two steps separately if you need to and
keep separate times.
Remember, the server is always passive, it should never care what a client
has or did except for statistical or reporting purposes.
That means the client can simply decide to "force a full sync" in which you
set your LastDownloadTime back to null and pull the complete table again.
Also remember to store the times as they were when you started the sync to
avoid losing data changed during the the moving window of the sync.

I would also avoid the Head Office Server Available Test check. Use the
network availability to see if you have internet without pinging the
network and when you have network just hit the server and try.
Best case: you get data, worst case: you fail and try again in 10 minutes.
Your check is useless if you do the check and that works and server goes
offline 5 seconds later :)

After every sync step the client will have to update the server about the
success of the sync (your synchronization health). Don't do that in the
server as you don't know from the server if the client actually processed
the response data.
Maybe the client died half way through the download or half way through
saving the data in the local database.

Good luck,
Corneliu.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Greg Harris <g...@harrisconsultinggroup.com