The thing to remember about HTML5 is that it is a very fast moving target as there is a lot of new architectures relying on it, ie. the new Tizen phones/tablets (was meego, maemo etc), and chrome OS, that Samsung and Google are funnelling a LOT of money into.

This being said some of the new technologies that is making the old speed problems go away is things like Internet explorer now supports WebGL like all the other browsers (for display speed) and the most interesting is asm.js, which the new builds of firefox includes, that compiles on the fly to native code to give you a considerable improvement in the sections of your code that you think needs it.

With this in mind and the fact that companies cannot afford to let HTML5 be a second class citizen, it may be something you need to look at depending on when you are releasing your software and what will be available to you at that time.

Matt