Native modules must be "installed" first.
There's three ways you can do this (since you want this available, potentially,
for all apps, we'll do it at the server level)

a)      Edit applicationHost.config (as mentioned before, look in the
<globalModules> section)

b)      Use IIS Manager (use the Modules icon at the server level)

c)      Use appcmd: appcmd install module /name:<yourNameHere>
/image:<pathToBinaryHere>

Managed modules need to be installed into the GAC first (appcmd doesn't do
this), or sit in the /bin or /app_code folder. I don't know any other way to
make them available (someone else might be able to chime in here)

After you've done this, enable the module for actual use within the application
(or globally) - modules are disabled by default (that's a security feature)
In IIS Manager, just hit the "Enable" link once you've opened the Modules
feature
In appcmd: appcmd add module /name:<yourNameHere>
Or, you can obviously just directly edit the relevant .config file to do this

Does that help?

Cheers
Ken