Hi David,

I'm a big fan of keyboards and I've tested heaps and heaps of them and I
always go back to the ergonomic ones from Microsoft.
I know you don't like them but I think they are very very good and once you
get used you'll never want to go back.

I'm currently using the Microsoft Natural 400
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000

I have one at home and one at work and they rock. The split angle is small
enough to allow easy use with one hand in the rare moments that I need to
use a single hand and keep a hand on the mouse.
The older ergonomic ones were having a higher angle making them impossible
to use with one hand.
I also looked at that new Manta Ray and I think I'll buy one. I like that
the keypad is separate and I love the long delete key (my previous keyboard
had that long delete and I enjoyed it.

To make my life easier I always remap most of VS commands that I frequently
use to use only the left hand with no need to use the right hand.
- Alt+1 - Build Selected Project
- Alt+2 - Find References (Resharper)
- Alt+W - Highlight References
- Alt+Q - Goto Definition
and few more so you can keep a hand on the mouse and one on the keyboard :)

I think no keyboard shortcut should ever need two hands.
Whoever came up with the Ctrl+Shift+F12 shortcut and Ctrl+Shift+B?
Have you tried to press Ctrl+Shift+B with one hand? My hand hurts just
looking a the keyboard to try to figure out how to press that.