You probably could if you use assumed port 80and got your modem to send a
simulated page get with the headers

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of David Connors
Sent: Tuesday, 10 September 2013 6:31 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: TCP Messages to Server

Not possible on a shared web hosting service as I doubt they'll permit you to
run any sort of service and may be locked down a lot further depending on how
switched on the provider is.

VPS will do it no dramas. You'll need to write some sort of service to bind to
an external IP and port. Piece of piss and heaps of code around to start from.

David.

David Connors
 <mailto:da...@connors.com> da...@connors.com | M +61 417 189 363
Download my v-card: https://www.codify.com/cards/davidconnors