Greg,

I switched to Telstra Bigpond Cable (BigPond® Broadband 500GB Ultimate -
Cable)
When I tried to get it activated they told me it wasn't available. Cable
that is. Which was odd because I had had their old cable service in the
past, and I had Foxtel cable connected (and it works just fine thanks so
wtf?)

It was an ordering issue or something. Their computer said no. So I
switched from Foxtel to Telstra for Foxtel (on their recommendation and I
actually ended up with a discounted plan... nice Telstra, backstab yourself
much?). Once I was on Telstra Foxtel (rather than Foxtel Foxtel... lol)
their system could then provision my new Cable connection.

I think the reason its residential only is because the plans are Liberty
plans which allow shaping when you hit your quota. Business plans want you
to pay when you go over so the Liberty plans are not available. Its not a
technical restriction, more a billing one?

Anyway my speed tests go over 100Mb. I have had some packet loss issues in
the past... one time they replaced my modem and it was fine. Another time
it seemed to be a fault in the street? All good now and very happy with it.

The NBN can burn in hell for all I care. I got my 100Mb speeds. If fibre
gives me 1000Mb then I'd switch but I think my area is last on the list
when I last checked.