I gave my nexus 4 to my dughter because she has her iphone stolen. She said
defiantly, "I'm not going to create a Google account because then I become
part of their machine!" and now she has the phone shes like "ohhh!! I can
copy my mp3's onto the phone without iTunes!!".

hahaha... Give it time, she'll be on the Google app store. Mind you she
uses some weird search engine because she doesn't like Google collecting
her data.

People are strange. I get why people don't want their data collected but if
it makes the software better to use then its worth it. I also know there
are paranoid people out there watching them like hawks. Oh and I'm really
not that interesting. If they want to read my emails (like this one) and
use it to make sure I don't see tampon ads then meh, whatever. Also just
because people are paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get them. If
they are really worried then they should get rid of their phone. Everyone
knows the telcos can track your phone. Get rid of your credit cards, and
close all your bank accounts. They will get you! Big Brother is watching
you!