> I gave up on T4 in frustration a long time ago. We use CodeSmith - we find
> it easy to use and quick to get things done. Having read this, might look
> at T4 again now and see if it's improved.

I'm actually a licensed owner of CodeSmith 5.2, which I purchased a few
years ago so I could use it with netTiers. However, all of the fancy bells
and whistles and advanced features that came with it were of absolutely no
interest to me. I have never used CodeSmith for anything (except it being
the silent clockwork behind netTiers). For a start, I hated having yet
another dependency on a 3rd party tool, then I would have to learn how it
integrates with Visual Studio (I assume it does!), then learn its quirks,
etc. I prefer TT files simply because they are built-in and just work.

I don't think T4 has improved much in recent years, it's still the same
basic tool.

Greg K