inline

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Preet Sangha <preetsan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I posted this on SO yesterday but nothing so far, so I thought I'd open it
> up to the group.
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19758748/can-visual-studio-2012-be-set-to-display-edit-encrypted-files-using-a-custom-enc
>
> We have encrypted files that are routinely kept in encrypted form within
> source control (TFS). When I want to compare versions I use Beyond Compare
> and have added the encryption/decryption tool as filtering on the
> read/write process to allow plain text viewing and editing.

Neat - I hadn't thought of the BC filters as allowing write - just as a
sort of filter read only.  So where do you store the keys?  On all the dev
machines, but not in the repository?

--
Meski

 http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills