Found the Player answer ... You don't have to change Player's VM settings
as I wasted a bit of time doing. You just go Full Screen (Ctrl+Alt+Enter),
then the "Cycle multiple monitors" command is available and it fills both
my screens at the correct resolutions.

That passes my sanity test for having a bare-bones host OS and using Player
to run my "real" OS and some other testing ones. A licenced copy of
Workstation is still a candidate if it has extra features that I will use.

Greg K