(sry to the original poster whos thread is now hijacked)

>and the first person to pick a number loses.
how does that work? they ask you what you want, you say it and they agree to that level. Everyone *can* be happy and no one 'loses'

On 3/12/2013 12:38 PM, mike smith wrote:
Or if you're already employed. You need to pay a lot more to attract someone that's happy with their current job. (to account for the tax bracket, etc) But yes, essentially it is bartering, and the first person to pick a number loses.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Stephen Price <step...@perthprojects.com <mailto:step...@perthprojects.com>> wrote:

    You are assuming of course that everyone are paid exactly what
    they are worth. This is part of it but there is also an element of
    market here. ie buyer negotiates with seller and if a price
    agreement is met then a sale (employment) takes place.
    Some people negotiate better (to their financial benefit) than
    others. If you are desperate for work then you are more likely to
    settle for a lower package than if you didn't need to work. (ie
    you have a sugar momma)

    On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Arjang Assadi
    <arjang.ass...@gmail.com <mailto:arjang.ass...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Mike,
        I don't think anyone really knows how it really works,
        everything is dynamic, 2 people who have the same experience
        would be wanting more or less depending on how many kids they
        have, mortgage etc.
        Also 2xless experienced developers could be worst than
        1xexperienced developer, but twice the developers for the same
        price looks better for the HR I guess.
        HR would come up with their magic numbers eventually, making
        less sense than before.
        Regards
        Arjang

        On 3 December 2013 10:34, mike smith <meski...@gmail.com
        <mailto:meski...@gmail.com>> wrote:

            So if it's 80k they're going to be doing less work?  The
            likely answer is yes, but does it mean you're going to
            hire 2 lesser experienced persons?  (I'm not being
            aggressive here, I just wonder how this really works out)

            (you knew the rest of the group was going to sit back and
            do armchair comments, it's the price of a free ad :)

            On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Anton Felich
            <anton.fel...@nga.net <mailto:anton.fel...@nga.net>> wrote:

                Well that is going to depend entirely on the
                applicant’s skill set and level of experience isn’t it.

                We are happy to pay anywhere from 80k -120k + super.

                *From:*ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com
                <mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com>