We've done some initial POC work into modelling a factory process system
using this telerik control:

http://www.telerik.com/products/wpf/diagrams.aspx

We've decomposed the graph and stored it separately into tables, you can
get custom images and control connections etc.  The project has been in
park of for a little while so I'm a little rusty, but it seemed to be
fitting most of our needs.

Neil.