Folks, since I installed a fresh Windows 7 in a SanDisk 256GB SSD last
weekend my machine has developed an irritating disease: It locks up when
restarted/rebooted. Only by turning the power off and then back on will it
restart. Unless the power is turned off, a restart locks up at the end of
the list of IDE devices in the BIOS screen. The only hardware change since
last week is the replacement of a 1TB HDD with the SSD, which resulted in
some IDE cables moving around to different slots.

Before I start randomly moving cables around I thought I'd ask here just in
case some hardware boffins might have seen this sort of thing before. Do
SSD and HDD have to be in a certain physical cable order? Are the various
IDE slots different?

Greg K