Thanks for your thoughts on Confluence,

We are currently using Jira for our bugs/Tasks working very nicely.

We tried screwwiki quite a few years ago still going but nowhere near
adequate.

I have been using Evernote for all my personal and development notes the
last 10yrs, recording a lot things but it was awkward to share things.

Haven't tried the new shared Accounts yet.

The problem with Evernote is that it really needed a google wave style
tracking articles and was hoping that Confluence was going to give us that.

But from your post I will consider looking closer and see if there is
another solution.

Regards

Dave.