> A windows *process* is either 32-bit or 64-bit, never both. There is no
> such thing as an "Any CPU" *process*. A 64-bit process cannot load 32-bit
> object code, ever[1].
>

>On 64-bit Windows, a 64-bit process cannot load a 32-bit dynamic-link
library (DLL).

Well, that's the definitive statement. I could have sworn from years ago
that some sort of magic intervened when loading older libraries (but maybe
that was all pre 64 bit).

There was no native code code in my simple test. This means I'll have to
run the other library in a different process and talk via Remoting. Not
even running up a new AppDomain will overcome this, only a new Process.
I've never tried creating a process and managing its lifetime from managed
code before, so there's a technical challenge.