From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Nathan Chere
Sent: Friday, 7 February 2014 3:22 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: RE: Today was very quiet on ozdotnet ...

That perfectly demonstrates how far backwards Windows Phone is compared to
Windows Mobile and the pain-in-the-ass mentality of Win8/WP8-era MS. You
still can't really export the messages. It's a black-box backup to Skydrive
and a restore from Skydrive, ie your messages are still locked in. Is it
really asking that much to be able to just export MY messages to something
like CSV or XML and let me email it, upload to Dropbox, copy to my desktop
etc? It's almost like DRM-by-stealth over your own content.

Even as early as Windows Mobile 2003 you could sync your SMS messages with
Outlook locally and do whatever you want with them from there. Windows
Mobile 2003 did it better than Windows Phone 8! ARHRHHHRGHRRHIRGRGRHOGRGR
</rant>