No, no , I meant to put a J at the end as in "jokingly". I think certain rogue
Outlook configurations are interpreting that as a smiley face.

I never smile. J

-----Original Message-----
From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Thomas Koster
Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2014 1:21 PM
To: ozDotNet

Speaking of Outlook issues, I hope all of you Outlook users realise that
whenever Outlook auto-replaces your smilies it looks like garbage Latin glyphs
on every other mail user agent in the universe.
Apparently it is replacing your smilies with spans of wingdings. It took me
ages to figure out where these spurious J's were coming from:

On 26 March 2014 12:28, Nathan Chere <nathan.ch...@saiglobal.com> wrote:
> Isn't that what this whole mailing list is all about J

To those of you who have noticed that I'm using Gmail, yes I know Gmail isn't
perfect either, but in the Unicode age there is no excuse for dingbat fonts.
Even a text/plain email can contain smilies if encoded with a Unicode charset
(try U+263A).

--
Thomas Koster