Pluralsight Courses: http://bit.ly/psjasonroberts

From: Greg Harris
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎8‎ ‎April‎ ‎2014 ‎8‎:‎03‎ ‎PM
To: ozDotNet

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for a tool to help with a customer’s proposed new system, they are
looking to build a mediation system to go in between:

• A public facing web site that gets new customers for them and their

• Large slow customer management system.

The web page that they are using has about 25 data entry text boxes on the
page.  At this stage there is minimal data validation on this web page which is
what they want, as they do not want to scare away prospective new customers.

Then they manually re-enter all of the data into their large slow customer
management system and correct fields as needed to meet the complex validation
rules on that system.

This is a long slow process that they want to automate.

I have suggested that we build them a MVC web application that imports the data
from the existing public facing web site, puts it into an object and run a
validate method on that object which will tell them all of the problems without
needing to use their large slow customer management system until we are sure we
have the data right.

We could use MVC Data Annotations for validation on the business object,
probably with some custom validation attributes to meet their specific needs.
But I feel that there has to be some better options that will allow my client
to edit the validation rules in (semi) real time without doing a recompile.

I do not want anything too complex, this is just a quick solution to solve a
problem for 5-10 users.

I am looking for your suggestions of a simple rules engine (or similar) that I
can use to help with this situation, that would only enable the post to the
large slow customer management system once all of the validations have been
completed.

Or would we be better off just writing the validation method in C# and doing a
quick recompile?

Many Thanks

Greg Harris