Hi Anthony,

Guids are easiest way forward - due to their uniqueness and native support
by the DB engine.

The only time I would consider using something else would be if there was a
requirement for those unique row IDs to be 64bit integers for example or if
there is a storage space concern - in this case I would consider using
horizontal partitioning and allocating range of IDs to different instances
reserving each one with a predefined range of values.