On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Stephen Price <step...@perthprojects.com>
wrote:

>  It's Friday guys. I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose a
> change to the [OT] “rules” of our OzDotNet Elist.
>
> We have a couple of hundred people still here, but the traffic is low.
> Possibly due to outsourcing to StackOverflow? Anyway, my proposal is we all
> relax the [OT] rules. If its a post on anything that you think might
> interest everyone/anyone on the list, lets not put [OT]. One could even
> argue that .Net posts should have the [OT] flag on them? Hehehe
>
> Things like religion, politics, and Greg’s experience of “Did you just
> feel that earthquake” should probably keep the [OT] flag, but it its
> anything to do with Tech or Dev, then it's on topic. Otherwise we risk
> dwindling into extinction. Myself this week I’ve gotten two epic tips on my
> Surface from a casual [OT] thread I would have otherwise missed out on. I'm
> staying and think you guys are awesome. Long live OzDotNet.

This list has become legacy it seems... perhaps I am a dinosaur now, the
same sort of dinosaur I used to fight against a few years ago who wanted to
stick with VBA and Access forever :(

> Regarding Angular, I've heard about it, seen it at a few talks, but so far
> not used it.  Have been using Kendo UI and JQuery in my MVC apps. I
> sometimes feel there are so many tools and libraries its hard to keep up on
> them all. Gotta pick a couple and use them. It's usually the ones that
> Microsoft put in Project templates that I run with. How do everyone else
> choose?

In most instances I "choose" by following the company's law of "thou shalt
use X". I call myself a wolf though, just for kicks