> I assume that the ISAM data file system is a pre-requisite?
> We use an ISAM file system as well and the platform supplier has provided
> a LINQ provider for us - no such luck with your ISAM provider?

It's actually this library from Microsoft:

http://managedesent.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=ManagedEsentDocumentation&referringTitle=Documentation

I just noticed they've added basic LINQ support to the accompanying
PersistentDictionary
<http://managedesent.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=PersistentDictionaryDocumentation&referringTitle=Home>
class (which I don't use), so I downloaded the source for a look about how
it was done ... I can tell you immediately that unless you have some
experience with this sort of coding that it will look like gibberish.

*Greg*