I've looked at them before, expecting exactly the same thing as you Greg.

As far as I can tell, it still needs a central server to store the names.
So the point of all that horrible complexity escapes me.

I ended up scrapping everything that I had done with the p2p classes, and
wrote a small web service to cache the names.
My clients look for the web service in the local Ip address range and
connect to it. The actual p2p code that I wrote to do the communication
between processes was also scrapped and written as a web service that
stores messages and routes when the requesting client asks for information.
I'm still experimenting with it, at the moment I've got 4 raspberry pi's,
4x Windows PC and an old linux machine processing messages.

*Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes*.