Stephen,

Interesting idea.  But I did use the exact same install files I normally
use on windows 7.  I keep them handy on our file server.

My suspicion is the installers are relying on a particular method of
checking for installed copies of VS.  There is probably some subtle
difference between windows 7 and 8 that makes that check fail.

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama