Hi Folks, I may have found a use for JavaScript (I can hear people falling
out of their chairs from here!) ... indirectly. I'm keen to hear if anyone
is doing what I'm about to try.

My Xamarin generated app for phones on 3 platforms has to display charts
and gauges of various types. I went looking for libraries to do this and
found a variety with differing reputations and forum arguments about their
pros and cons. I found Syncfusion for Xamarin which is a technical work of
art and has renders for all 3 platforms that are single-line additions,
then you feed the data in an off you go. I had it working in an hour, and I
emailed them to confirm the price on their web link was actually $US99. No
reply, but I noticed 3 days later that the price list has updated to show
the price is actually $US1995, and the $99 is for the iOS target only.
Methinks it was a mistake. So I've deleted Syncfusion.

Ok, now for some lateral thinking: get "someone else" to draw the charts
for me. Candidates are Google Charts <https://developers.google.com/chart/>
and the Microsoft equivalent (I've lost it, what's it called ... ANYONE?!).

In the mobile apps I feed the data as JavaScript arrays into HTML and show
it in the WebView control which works easily on all platforms. So on online
service is doing all the rendering for me.

I'm just about to try the Google one, but I thought I'd ask for comments.

*Greg K*