Folks, I've got an ASP.NET app specifically designed to look pleasant in
tablet sized device browsers. Now it has been suggested that while using
the web app, you drill down and pick a product, then use the device's
camera to take a picture of the product and somehow save it and associate
it with the product's ID.

But how on earth can you bridge the gap between a web app running in a
browser and the device's camera? The photos can go anywhere, into the
phone's file system, into Google or Apple cloud storage, etc. My app is
just a dumb web app and has no access to anything in the mobile device, so
how can I deliver the photo to some known location and associate it with
the product's ID.

Perhaps I could use a classic ASP.NET upload control, which requires a bit
of user clicking and picking. Perhaps the photos could go into known cloud
containers or a dropbox like facility, but the address and names would have
to be given to the web app.

Has anyone been through this sort of problem before? Any ideas?

*Greg K*