Hi all,

Almost every system I have developed has been against a SQL Server
database, and every environment has needed to be patched as greenfields
projects introduce new changes.

The reality is that I have found providing patch scripts for sql server
quite problematic and have never been very happy about what we do to apply
patch scripts.

I want to know what scripts have been applied to a database, and I also
want to know that scripts applied are transactional (that is, if a script
"breaks" when applied, nothing has changed.) I also want to be able to add
data to be inserted into tables to my scripts.

What are people currently doing to solve these issues?

Warm regards,
Tony