Yeah I have one of these as well. Rock solid.
On 6 Apr 2016 11:19, "Greg Low (罗格雷格博士)" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Still loving my Dell E7440. Lightweight, and I fitted it with 16GB memory
> from Crucial, 2TB EVO SSD, and an LTE-A internal modem from Sierra
> Wireless. (Currently getting near 100MB/sec down and 45MB/sec up).
>
>
>
> Great machine.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
> Greg
>
>
>
> Dr Greg Low
>
>
>
> 1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913
> fax
>
> SQL Down Under | Web: www.sqldownunder.com
>
>
>
> *From:* [email protected] [mailto:
> [email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Dave Walker
> *Sent:* Wednesday, 6 April 2016 8:34 AM
> *To:* ozDotNet <[email protected]>
> *Subject:* Re: [OT] New laptop
>
>
>
> i5 is fine though I struggle a little with only 8 GB of ram. Ssd way more
> important though.
>
> My mac - or the current equivalent - I bought last year seems to have
> jumped $1k which would have made it out of my bracket.
>
> On 6 Apr 2016 09:52, "Tejas Goradia" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Just wondering, is it worth spending so much money on local computing?
>
> I wonder how many people are now using Amazon or Azure as an option vs
> buying best in the breed local computing power.
>
> Is 8gb, i5 environment not enough?
>
> On 29/10/2015 9:22 AM, "Tom Rutter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Geez had a look and it gets expensive real quick
>
>
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Stephen Price <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> I've ordered mine. If the 1Tb version was available (no date on that has
> been released yet) I would have gotten that one. Shut up and take my money!
>
> Have disclosed said pre-order to my significant other, and I've
> successfully trained her to react with a simple eye roll. I'll likely "pay"
> for it later. :)
>
>
>
> It's a great feeling to not have to drool over Apple hardware and be
> embarrassed about being in the Microsoft camp.
>
> It would have been nice for the Surface Book to have come with Usb-C
> port(s) but given I don't actually yet have any devices, and how long it
> takes for devices to spring up, I can live with USB 3.0 for a while more.
>
>
>
> Exciting times!
>
>
>
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 at 08:49 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Yeah - looks pretty nice, 512GB / i7/ 16GB for $4,199 AUD
>
>
>
> Compared to similar spec Lenovo ThinkPad W541 (no touch/pen/etc) $3,649.00
> AUD (though I think the Lenovo is 5th Gen i7 not 6th Gen as in Surface
> Book?)
>
>
>
> Jason Roberts
> Journeyman Software Developer
>
> Twitter: @robertsjason
> Blog: http://DontCodeTired.com
> Pluralsight Courses: http://bit.ly/psjasonroberts
>
> ===========================================================
> I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/
> ===========================================================
>
>
>
> *From:* DotNet Dude <[email protected]>
> *Sent:* ‎Wednesday‎, ‎7‎ ‎October‎ ‎2015 ‎5‎:‎18‎ ‎PM
> *To:* ozDotNet <[email protected]>
>
>
>
> In case anyone here hasn't heard yet and is interested the new Surface
> Book will apparently be available in Oz on Nov 12th. Looks to be expensive
> though
>
>
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM, DotNet Dude <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> I also read somewhere next version of Surface Pro likely to be announced
> oct 6 so anyone interested may want to wait to see what happens there
>
>
>
> On Thursday, 24 September 2015, Ken Schaefer <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Microsoft are going to start offering Signature editions via their new
> stores in Aus (first one opening soon-ish in Sydney). They might offer the
> same online I guess, once the store opens.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* [email protected] [
> mailto:[email protected] <[email protected]>] *On
> Behalf Of *Tom Rutter
> *Sent:* Wednesday, 23 September 2015 3:57 PM
> *To:* ozDotNet <[email protected]>
> *Subject:* Re: [OT] New laptop
>
>
>
> Any things to look out for if I buy direct from US? I've always purchased
> locally
>
>
>
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Eddie de Bear (Gmail) <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
> The Signature Editions are the exact same machines (HP, Lenovo, etc) BUT
> stripped bare of all the crapware.. From what I remember reading when
> Microsoft first started with them, it’s a clean windows install, with all
> the correct tweeks, drivers etc to get the most out of the hardware..
>
>
>
> Here is a link to their US store:
> http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/categoryID.69916600
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* [email protected] [
> mailto:[email protected] <[email protected]>] *On
> Behalf Of *mike smith
> *Sent:* Friday, 28 August 2015 2:11 PM
> *To:* ozDotNet <[email protected]>
> *Subject:* Re: [OT] New laptop
>
>
>
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Eddie de Bear (Gmail) <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
> This is where Microsoft could really make a difference, if they would stop
> thinking about just the US and make the Signature Edition laptops/PCs
> available in Australia…
>
>
>
> Do they make them (or rebadge) ?  If the former, whose their manufacturer?
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* [email protected] [
> mailto:[email protected] <[email protected]>] *On
> Behalf Of *Thomas Koster
> *Sent:* Friday, 28 August 2015 10:09 AM
> *To:* ozDotNet <[email protected]>
> *Subject:* Re: [OT] New laptop
>
>
>
> On 27 August 2015 at 19:28, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> What’s peoples views on Lenovo ATM given there have been a few PR things
> happen in the last 12 months…? price v performance v reliability?
>
>
>
> Are you talking about Superfish?
>
>
>
>
> http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/02/lenovo-pcs-ship-with-man-in-the-middle-adware-that-breaks-https-connections/
>
>
>
> Consider how this could have happened and all the people who would have
> had to sign off on this. I'll let people make up their own minds about the
> competence and trustworthiness of Lenovo...
>
>
>
> --
>
> Thomas Koster
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Meski
>
>  http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv
>
>
> "Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
> you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply via email to