Folks, here's an obscure and sad warning: I eventually got the OleDb code
from yesterday working to read XLSX files, after installing the
AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe file and discovering the correct sheet/table
name. The code works in NUnit tests. The code is actually called from a T4
template in Visual Studio 2015, and the first time I called the code in
anger it said:

*System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider
is not registered on the local machine.*

I'm guessing this is due to a bitness problem. You can't have both the 32
and 64 bit providers installed, so I replaced the 64 bit with the 32 bit
and tried again but it says the table is incorrectly formatted. I tried
changing the connection string in various desperate ways but it just
produces different errors.

So after the hours of suffering to get the XLSX file reading working and
unit tested, it was all an utter waste of time and I have to abandon it all
and find an alternative way of reading XLSX files in a T4 template.

*GK*

Reply via email to