Folks, my 4 year old DELL U2711 developer a strange problem yesterday
lunchtime when I noticed that the scrollbars inside VS2015 were shimmering
purple. I actually thought it was some weird new SP2 feature, but then I
noticed the edges of other icons of the same purple shade where doing the
same thing. Then I noticed the default Win10 login screen background was
shimmering as well. But it only seems to happen in a certain range of
blue-purple pixel colours. (see picture)

Any ideas? It doesn't matter if the monitor is hot or cold.

*GK*