From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Thursday, 7 July 2016 6:41 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: UWP build and packaging

Been doing it for a while now and yes build process is ridiculously long.
Better with Update 3 and particularly if you can leverage the shared framework
(https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2015/09/28/whats-new-for-net-and-uwp-in-win10-tools-1-1/
 )

Good to hear from you, I was getting worried that no one was doing this.

I have VS2015 SP3 installed, so I'm not sure if a 5 to 15 minute build is
expected or not. I can live with this as I don't deploy often.

What is still a serious problem is the size of the package. I tried all sorts
of tricks to get the size down, but with little effect. A colleague reported
that my 65MB package installed and was reported as being 4MB on disk. I can't
believe this is normal and I'm hoping there is some stupid fix that I've missed.