Actually, its more a case of the things I DON'T want to listen to that's more
important to me.

I have a thing called Misophonia. I only learned it was a "thing" a year ago
and it actually has a name. Basically anyone making eating noises makes me want
to be violent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

Misophonia - Wikipedia, the free
encyclopedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia>
en.wikipedia.org
Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound," is a putative disorder of uncertain
classification in which negative emotions, thoughts, and physical reactions are
triggered ...

So yeah, as soon as someone starts crunching on an apple, or some crackers or
celery etc I pop on the noise cancelling headphones and crank up the music.
It's saved lives.

You would be surprised how often people eat noisily. You probably don't notice
it, but I do. That feeling when someone drags fingernails down a blackboard and
it sets your nerves on edge? That's how it feels only 10 times worse.

So yeah, $500 is a small price to pay. The batteries also are awesome. I charge
them every two or three days depending how much I use them. Sound great and
better bass than my old pair.