>Is it just me or is WIX just just a complete utter PITA?
Yes its garbage. Yes this is just my opinion and apologies if you have
built the worlds best installer on WIX but for me it is the most
un-intiative piece of crap in the world. I have been waiting for someone
else to rant so i myself can rant.

after 3 days of banging my head against the wall going nowhere i switched
to innosetup which i had absoultely no bias to prior (or had heard of) and
acheived a good result in a short amount of time.

I am not the only punter who thinks like this [1]

[1]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6245260/installers-wix-or-inno-setup