> Another argument we got from the DBAs was "we are responsible for the
> integrity of the data so we're not relying on some thing in the cloud we
> know nothing about."

A major Melbourne hospital network said that to us recently. They demanded
that the ASP.NET app be installed by their IT staff on their server. So
instead of having it deployed live in 10 minutes it took 10 days to give
them an MSI with instructions and get it through their bureaucracy (we
think 10 days was pretty good!).

Several months ago I tried to counter this argument by eventually finding
an Azure page that listed the international security certifications. Among
them was "Australian health data", but I don't think many hospitals would
care. Does anyone know of significant Australian government, education or
health services that are using Azure (or AWS or whatever) for managing big
data?

*GK*