From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Saturday, 4 February 2017 12:22 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: installing multiple things on my development machine. Are
Virtualmachines still the way to go?

If you're getting a new box, then get 16GB++ of RAM (it's cheap) and you can
run multiple VMs easily. I use VMWare player. You should never suffer slow
I've haven't used Docker yet. My advice: Only install what you really need
for daily working on the metal machine. Any alternate versions of things, or
things to evaluate, or hobby things go into VMs. I try to keep my work OS as
clean as possible.

A fresh Win10 install has tons of garbage installed and running. After my
last install I spent 3 hours removing and disabling junk everywhere (only
Flash has defeated me, I can't remove it, just disable it).

Greg