Fuslogvw no help ?

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Monday, 27 February 2017 2:18 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: resources.dll not found

Folks, pardon me for putting a Xamarin question into the general .NET group,
but maybe there's a slim chance someone in here might have a clue. Pasted below
a question I put into the Xamarin forums, but I never expect a reply. I've
posted a few questions in the group but have NEVER received a reply. Also,
searching the web for Xamarin answers it mostly futile, as all you find are
long useless arguments in years old posts and people saying "I have that
problem too, anyone got an answer?"

Without a doubt, Xamarin development is the worst thing I have experienced in
37 years of coding (ignoring JavaScript of course!). Trying to get anything to
work sensibly or reliably, or debug a problem is like peeing into a hurricane
-- Greg K

========

I have been working on a new Xamarin Forms app in XStudio on an iMac targeting
Android and iOS for several days without any problems. The project has all
strings in a resx file which is used in the simplest way, using generated
property names and GetString(). Without warning, and after making no
significant code changes, the app suddenly started crashing with the following
error whenever a resource was referenced.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'/Users/.../Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/.../data/Containers/Bundle/Application/.../TestApp1.iOS.app/en/TestApp1.resources.dll'
 or one of its dependencies

I have spent hours trying to overcome this problem. I have upgraded to the
latest packages and references, cleaned all generated runtime files, examined
the compiler options, search folders, searched the web, all to no avail. I have
run out of things to try and I'm at my wits end. Resources are working
correctly in other apps and in a small test one I created, which hints that the
problem is specific this app and is perhaps related to compile or debug
settings, but I can't find the cause.

Any help or advice is urgently needed, thanks.