For books your best bet is www.booko.com.au.

It is a book search engine that compares dozens (hundreds?) of worldwide
book sites, includes shipping and converts the total to $AUD.

It then provides you with a list of prices/stores sorted by the cheapest
first.

It also has a list of second hand books if you don't mind getting a used
copy.

Whenever I have purchased books I've used that search and found places with
prices much cheaper than local retailers.

Chris