meh to Xamarin... you're too constrained imho.

Go Unity3D...

- You have 100% control over your entire UI without forking projects per
"platform"
- You can use things like LightningDB instead of SQL Lite (we've got 800k
records that we constantly "search" records on and it does in ms speeds)
- You also have access to 3D not just 2D (special effects, animations etc).
- You work in Frames Per Second instead of 'Event bubbles".
- You're one step closer to making games as well as apps
- 2D/3D rendering pipeline is amazingly powerful.

There are downsides
- Its not .NET Framework its C# ..you write C# but bare in mind its not a
Silverlight/WPF all in or nothing framework approach. You're attaching
"behaviours" to null objects and decorating them which imho is wayy more
optimised development.
- You work in FPS time... that being said you can hide a lot of
calculations in 16ms  :) so settle in on a mix of coroutines and threading
hand offs should you escalate the power of code.

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes
http://www.riagenic.com