Well, we're well into development and have delivered a bunch of apps
already, and it hasn't done anything to us so far. As long as we stick with
the "use GET to retrieve data" and "use POST to modify data" basic rules,
then I don't think we can come unstuck. In fact, this has to be acceptable
because, if you read the pages and pages and pages and pages of arguments,
you'll find some statements about PUT and DELETE being marked as obsolete
anyway in some environments, and plenty of people using POST and GET only.
REST has really stolen the http protocol and has used it for an originally
unintended purpose. I'm kind of getting a bit sick of developments'
collective claim that one path is best practice and another isn't, with no
statistical analysis/mathematical proof that one way is, in fact, better
than another.