Hey Tom.

No I decided to try it when I joined a new company. I've been itching to
try it (and didn't bother when working from home - laziness). I didn't do
it for health reasons other that the nebulous "it's better for you to not
sit all day". I'm overweight and I was hoping it would make me lose weight
more quickly too (Spoiler - not in the slightest :=)

However I will say this, being overweight I don't get any backache now that
I can recall. I feel my posture has improved and this has had some benefit
on my overall all back strength. I don't recall getting back ache when I
sat but perhaps that was posture too.

What I can say is that perhaps it's worth a try. For me it was a month
before I truly felt OK - not comfortable, OK. Now it's very comfortable to
sit or stand (though my desk doesn't change - so I move to a sitting desk
very very occasionally for a few mins to do sitting down stuff like reading
paper or meetings.

regards,
Preet, in Auckland NZ