I remember someone made them delete some data about some probes or
something in an episode of startrek enterprise. The computer said "Deleted
15xb of data" or similar.

1000 petabytes in 300 years? I think they might have low balled that
estimate.

On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 at 16:47 Arjang Assadi <arjang.ass...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The futuristic version was take out and is now being sold as a start up
> idea, I remember 10 or so many years ago there was number of pretty 3D
> programming languages idea being flogged on dr Dobbs journal
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 at 5:43 pm Greg Keogh <gfke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> FYI -- About 22 minutes into episode 3 we see projected code on a
>> holographic screen and one character says "this line here, is a mistake". I
>> froze a zoom on the screen and you can see this dozens of lines like this
>> (truncated):
>>
>> // BOOL _stdcall GetFileAttributesW(LPCWSTR ...
>> // HANDLE _stdcall GetCurentProcess()
>> {
>>   several lines of C code in red
>> }
>>
>> Surely they could have tried a bit harder to find something more
>> futuristic. So anyone still writing Windows programs the old fashioned way
>> better make sure there are no bugs remaining by the year 2256.
>>
>> *GK*
>>
> --
David Connors
da...@connors.com | @davidconnors | LinkedIn | +61 417 189 363