Hi Greg,

I've been following this thread a little bit. I'm a bit like you in that I
haven't really been keeping up with the latest JS developments and am also
looking at creating a new app soon which makes use of one of these new JS
frameworks and am heavily leaning towards either React or Vue.

I think this article is useful for getting to know what the various pieces
of the modern JS world are (and what they do).
https://medium.com/the-node-js-collection/modern-javascript-explained-for-dinosaurs-f695e9747b70

>From what I've been reading, vue.js would be much quicker to pick up
compared to Angular which has a much steeper learning curve.

Some more reading material:

   - https://medium.com/corebuild-software/vue-js-and-net-mvc-b5cede228626
   - https://laravel-news.com/jquery-vue
   - https://blog.kloud.com.au/2017/02/14/running-vuejs-on-aspnet-core-apps/
   - https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/
   - https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/comparison.html

>From my understanding, in your ideal world, you want to utilise your
existing knowledge (ASP.NET MVC etc) and then add on a bit of JavaScript to
make the page more interactive.

Of course, this is just my opinion as someone who has no experience in any
of these modern JS frameworks. I've chatted with a few guys who have
experience with all 3, and their general consensus these days is towards
Vue and React over Angular.

Will