> From our conversations in late May updated, no I am not using Blazor yet,
> but...

Ah thanks, that's all interesting stuff. Firstly, I have calmed down from
yesterday, as I went for a walk and asked my cat why Blazor was broken in
VS2017. He suggested I look at what was installed and see if there was any
"asymmetry", which there was, as there were x64 and x86 mismatches. Once I
put both in it came good again. FYI, here's what you need to develop a
Blazor app (pic pasted below).

Now that I am resigned to the fact that I am condemned to continue
developing web apps with html, css and web browsers (all of which were
never created for that purpose), I am at least happy that a formal VM may
be arriving that will run client-side and have .NET tooling. The creators
of Wasm are strongly denying that it's a JS-killer, but from my viewpoint,
I certainly hope it becomes one and eventually puts a bullet into JS's
zombie brain and lets us write client-side using "real" compiled languages.

If I have to write client-side apps using html, css and Blazor, then I can
probably pinch my nose and live with it. The mix of Razor syntax with code
is quite ugly at the moment (like 1990s ASP), but I guess the experience
will improve.

Cheers,
*Greg K*

[image: image.png]